Re: Merlin - elements of the original legends

Poster: Margaret Stalls <stalls@email.unc.edu>

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Heather Swann wrote:

> Someone has mentioned to me that Queen Mab was associated with Morganna
> or Morgan le Fey in the older legends of Arthur and Merlin, but I don't
> recall when or where or if she was in those legends at all.  Does anyone
> else recall?  This is just one of those nagging questions that tugs at
> your brain until you remember it.  I mention it here because the legends
> about it are all Medieval if I recall correctly.....
>
> Miri

good gentles,

        if i remember my shakespear correctly, queen mab was the subject
of a speech by mercutio in act one.  i would be very interested to know
were the legend came from and if the association mentione above is true.

alison stalls
rosalind
kappellenberg