Re: Reflections on Crown

Poster: Jeffrey Sussman <jsussman@pop.erols.com>

Personally, I like the traditional format better too, but for those
interested we did figure out some improvements while we saw how the
tournament developed.

If you were doing this format you could avoid duplicates if you set up a
procedure for handling them beforehand.  The easiest method would be to
throw the pairing back in the basket if the pair had already fought.
But, if chosen and second time for that round you keep it even if it's a
repeat.  One could also avoid repeat byes if you picked them first
(instead of last) and threw them back in if they already had a bye.  We
got lucky Saturday and no one got more than one bye (I think?).  We
didn't implement these rules because we didn't figure it out until after
the tournament had started.

Yours in Service,
Duke Richard Fitzgilbert,
Earl Marshal of Atlantia