Boat Wars

Poster: Nancy Davis <nancyad@mindspring.com>

Good Gentles,

The weather man is predicting a glorious (read dry) week-end so far. We
hope to
see many friends old and new at Boat Wars and the WIndmasters baronial
activities on Sunday. The schedule for Saturday follows. The State has
graciously added a stop light at the turn off Hwy 55 so I am also attaching
up-dated directions.

In service,
Ysolt

               10-3:00    Target Archery
               11:00        Authorizations
                               Class: Knotwork for Scribes, Hall
               12-3         Heavy scenarios
               12-2         Children’s activities (hall porch)
               1:00          Class: Embroidery, Branwen’s pavilion
               2:00          Quests
               3:00          Boreas meeting, Branwen’s pavilion
               3-4:30       Rapier scenarios (after heavies are done)
               4:00          Best dressed Celt/Viking Contest, Hall
               5:30          Court
               6:30          Feast
             Evening      Dancing in Hall and Bardic circle outside

Directions: Optimist Farm is located at 2908 Optimist Farm Road, Apex, NC.
>From the east and the I-440 belt-line in Raleigh, take exit 297, Lake Wheeler
Road. Turn south onto Lake Wheeler Rd.  Approx. 8 miles from I-440 and 1.1
miles past the light at Ten-Ten Rd., turn right onto Optimist Farm Road. Site
is one mile on the right.

>From the west and I-40 in Durham, take exit 278, Rte 55 east (compass south).
Travel ~13 miles through Apex to the intersection with US 1. Continue on
Rte 55
for 2.2 miles to the second light past US 1 and turn left on Sunset Lake Rd
(Old Smithfield Rd. goes right). Go 2.7 miles and turn left on Optimist Farm
Rd. Site is 3.4 miles on the left.

Nancy A. Davis
nancyad@mindspring.com

Lady Ysolt la Bretonne