SONG FOR ATLANTIA

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

I was listening recently to "Sog for Ireland" by Phil Colclough (a
completely modern peice), and was struck by how easily the song could be
adapted for our fair kingdom--so I did it!  The tune is a nice,
reflective, kinda homesick tune which you can hear on Dick Gaughan's
recording, "Handfull of Earth" or ask me to sing it.  The first two verses
are largely Phil Colclough's which I have changed a line or two to fit our
kingdom.  The last two verses are my own inventions.

SONG FOR ATLANTIA
by Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn
Phil Colclough / Matt Newsome

tune:  "SOng for Ireland" by P. Colclough

Walking all the day
By tall towers where falcons build their nest
Golden winged they fly
They know the call of freedom in their breasts
I saw your bright October sky
With sombre stone from mountain to sea
Living on your eastern shore
Saw summer sunrise, asked for more
Stood by your Atlantic sea
And sang a song for Atlantia

Talking all the day
With true friends who try to make you stay
Telling jokes and news
And singing songs to pass the time away
We watched your champions dash and run
Their silver darting, dancing in the sun
Living on your eastern shore
Saw summer sunrise, asked for more
Stood by your Atlantic sea
And sang a song for Atlantia

Laughing all the day
By old fields where now the children play
Where once battle raged
Men died for causes that seemed so grand and gay
Now I stand this mountain top
I hear a voice calling, never stops
Living on your eastern shore
Saw summer sunrise, asked for more
Stood by your Atlantic sea
And sang a song for Atlantia

Dreaming in the night
I saw the land that once I called my own
But in the morning light
I awoke in a land so far from home
Your rolling hills and raging seas
Friend's outstretched arms waiting for me
Living on this western shore
Saw summer sunsets, asked for more
Standin by this peaceful sea
I sing a song for Atlantia

           "I brought ye to the ring.  Now dance best ye can."
    --------------<http://www3.wcu.edu/~mn13189/index.htm>------------
   Matthew Allen Newsome            |	    Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn
   curator/historical consultant    |       Sangster of Scotland&Atlantia
   Scottish Tartans Museum          |	    Chronicler, MSoB
   & Heritage Center	    	    |	    (Militant Society of Bards)
   http://intertekweb.com/tartans/  |	    Clan Og, SCA
   <tartans@dnet.net>               |       "IT'S ONLY A GAME!"