Re: [Fwd: Fw: Virus ! ! ! ! !]

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Megan Burnham wrote:

> HI all.....don't know if this is accurate....I'm trying to track down
> more info about it, but please pass it on to as many folks as you can....

These kinds of things are ALWAYS hoaxes.  You can't spread a virus through
email, given the large variety of machines using the Internet (a virus has
to be created for a specific architecture, and DOS/Windows machines are
primarily the ones that are vulnerable to virues). And you can't infect
your machine with a virus just by opening a message.  These hoaxes are
only intended to whip people into hysteria.

In Service,
Istvan Dragosani
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/