EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Baronial Hunt 4, Eastern MD

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

Greetings unto all!  Julien here, with a little reminder about Baronial
Hunt IV, coming up in a few weeks.  For more information, especially on
the Arts and Sciences Competitition as well as the Kid's Activities,
please see http://www.spiaggia.org/events/bh4/.  Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - -

Once again, the Canton of Spiaggia Levantina, in the Barony of the
Bright Hills, invites the good gentles of Atlantia to join us in
celebration of summer at Baronial Hunt IV, June 12th thru the 14th!

Set deep in the wilds of the Pocomoke Forest in Historic Snow Hill, MD,
we offer something for the delight of all. For the warriors of mighty
Atlantia, there is the chance to join our Baron, Temur of the Kerait,
and his men in driving out would-be poachers from this pristine wood.

To the archers we extend our invitation to show thy skills, both in
combat and target archery. To the rapier fighters we offer the chance
to challenge our own Spiaggians and others in a show of speed and
grace. The artisans of our fair Kingdom are invited to show us their
skills as well! The A&S Competition will be "BEST USE OF FUR", in
keeping with the theme of the Hunt. All entrants must supply
documentation for consideration.

In addition, there will be an herbal identification contest, and a
bardic competition. We shall also borrow a wonderful idea from our
Barony and have a "Look What I Did" table for any who wish to display
their hard work. In keeping with Spiaggia's famous hospitality, we
offer a choice of merchants, classes in the arts of dance, and a human
chess game, as well as the incomparable beauty of this historic site
with miles of trails for strolling along basking in the green and gold
summer.

Spiaggia Levantina also has grand plans for the youngest of Altantians.
Supervised Children's Events are scheduled for Saturday, including
crafts, games, dancing, storytelling, and a boffer tourney (PARENT MUST
PROVIDE SAFETY GEAR!).

Our Baron Temur and his wise and witty Baroness Ekaterina will hold
their Court as the summer shadows lengthen, and then Spiaggia Levantina
shall serve a feast to delight the senses! Afterwards, join us for
singing and dancing well into the soft summer night.

Cost is $12 onboard, $7 offboard, with children aged 5 to 8 at half
price (under five are guests of the Canton). Discounts are available
for those crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel to join us.
Merchants and Entertainers are ALWAYS welcome! Contact the autocrat,
Afanasiia Volokhovna {Tracy Wright} for details at
ravnrose@intercom.net or via telephone at 410-543-4920 (no later than
10pm!), 202 Brooklyn Ave., Salisbury, MD. 21801.

DIRECTIONS:

>From the West:
Find your best way to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, following Rt. 50
through Salisbury, Md. Follow Rt.50 and take exit for Rt.13 Bypass
South (do not take Route 13 Business). Take exit for Rt.12 East
(towards Snow Hill). Follow Rt.12, approx. 9 miles. Make right on Old
Furnace Rd. (There will be a sign for Furnace Town). Site is about one
mile on your left.

>From the North:
Find your best route to Wilmington, De. and Rt.13 south. Follow Rt. 13
South to Salisbury, Md. Take exit for Rt.13 Bypass south (do not take
Route 13 Business). Continue as per directions above.

>From the South:
Find your best route to the Chesapeake Bridge-Tunnel and Rt.13, Norfolk
Va. Travel north on Rt.13 through Eastern Shore of Virginia until
nearing Salisbury, Md. Take exit for Rt.13 Bypass North (do not take
Route 13 Business). Next, take exit for Rt.12 East (towards Snow Hill)
and continue as above as From The West.

Seigneur Julien de Montfort de Bourgogne     De sable, seme d'hermines
"Solum Dice Nullus Sunt Suficio"             d'or, tres amphorae et un
Canton de Spiaggia Levantina                     caid palissade argent
julien@spiaggia.org                            http://www.spiaggia.org