Corun, little history and stuff

Poster: Gene Bonar <gbonar@auspex.com>

At 02:56 PM 6/11/98 +0100, S. M. Thorson wrote:
>Actually, if I recall things aright, when Corun mentioned them, it was
>emphatically NOT in the context of them being a reliable historical
>source; merely that this item had appeared as their trivia feature and
>that perhaps one should take it from whence it comes.

You are correct.  I'm sorry if I implied otherwise.

>I think I can say fairly safely that my beloved lord is not such a fool as
>to think an NPR auto show is a sound reference.

Again I did not intend to imply that he would do so.

I was attempted to say that while these tales are fun to tell it is also
important to say, sometimes strongly so, that these are legends that are
not based on true statements or good scholarship.  I suppose that in my
zeal I was not clear enough.  I have met your lord and find him a fine fellow.

Go in peace

Eógan mac Ailpein,    archer and baronial herald
Elvegast, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia
mka Gene Bonar  919.772.1112  gbonar@auspex.com