Re: words & more words

Poster: Gene Bonar <gbonar@auspex.com>

At 10:32 AM 6/11/98, Corun MacAnndra wrote:

>I've never heard a protege called a pro. I have heard them called protes.
>In this age of acronyms and abbreviations we could probably stand to call
>something by its proper name. It's not all that hard, and will save of from
>the horrors of things like the Eubonic Plague.

Have you ever noticed that by removing acronyms, abbreviations, and
contractions from one's speech that it takes on a older, more archaic
sound.  Even if you were to speech simply and use modern words by remove
the slang and short cuts, the same effect it achieved.  Remarkable, yes no.

OK you're right, I'm at work and I have nothing to do.

Go in peace,

Eógan mac Ailpein,    archer and baronial herald
Elvegast, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia
mka Gene Bonar  919.772.1112  gbonar@auspex.com