Re: *AE* Re: *WH* Shire of Cathanar Rapier Workshop

Poster: lordkheldar@pop.mindspring.com

My Good Friends,

	Having experienced the hospitality of the Noble Raven's Cove, I can
honestly say that they, along with their brethren in Seareach and Cathanar,
are 3 of the most havin'-it-together groups who are upwardly mobile. If
they continue in their current vein, I fully expect them to be a force to
be reckoned with in the future.
	As Deputy Kingdom Rapier Marshal, and a Free Scholar, I doff my hat to
these noble duelists, their Shires and Stronghold, and their efforts! VIVATS!

In Service,

At 04:13 PM 6/15/98 -0400, many waters cannot quench love wrote:

>Poster: many waters cannot quench love <lisa@technomancer.com>
>

>hi folks...  just a quick note on the rapier workshop this weekend: IT
>ROCKED!!
>
>cathanar and ravens' cove added three new rapier fighters to their
>already-impressive (and apparently rapidly-growing) fighting force in the
>morning, and in the early afternoon they had three rapier classes, and,
>for the less martially-inclined, a calligraphy class. :)
>
>the tourney was an eleven-person round-robin, which was great fun and
>enough fighting to satisfy even the most energetic among us...  and the
>prize format - each fighter brings a prize, and then prizes are chosen at
>the end by order of ranking - was great because every participant went
>home with something nifty.  (i'll have to remember that for the next time
>i run a tourney!)
>
>the feast was both ample and delicious (especially the home-made rye
>bread!), altho it was cut short by thunder and lightning; we got
>everything rapidly packed up under the threat of impending rain, which of
>course made the rain go impend somewhere else.  father murphy must have
>been most amused.  of course, it's better than getting soaked...
>
>vivats to the people of cathanar and raven's cove, for such a fun and
>friendly event!  and the best part is, if you missed it this year, i think
>they're planning to do it again next year... :)
>
>						melys
>
>lisa lorenzin  |  lisa@technomancer.com  |  http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
>of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol

Lord Kheldar the Fleet, Free Scholar
Deputy Kingdom Rapier Marshal for Atlantia
Minister of the Lists, Canton of Elvegast
Journeyman Chiurgeon at Large
Cornet Herald at Large

mka Rev. William L. Ham III
2713 Broadwell Dr.