In a Phoenix Eye, June 27, 1998

Poster: Megan Burnham <lmegan@bellsouth.net>

Good Gentles,

	Fogive the last minute reminder....If you would like to join us
for the feast, please e-mail the Autocrat ASAP, as there are only a few
spaces available...

Her Excellency, Rachel de Johnstone, Baroness Sacred Stone, invites one
and all to celebrate the
Arts and Sciences in her fair lands! Sacred Stone, the Canton of Aire
Faucon and the Companions
of the Order of the Phoenix' Eye are proud to host our Barony's seventh
annual Arts and Sciences
Pentathlon in the Canton of Aire Faucon.

Our Site is the Cherryville Community Center, 108 S. Jacob Street in
downtown Cherryville, NC.
The site opens Saturday at 9:30 am and closes at 10:30 pm that night. The
site is discreetly wet, and
NO pets will be allowed. ***ALL A&S entries must be received by 12:00
P.M. NO entries will be
accepted thereafter.***

The Pentathlon rules are simple. Each person competing in the Pentathlon
must enter five of the
fifty-two categories to be eligible. Separate winners will also be chosen
in each of the categories.
Points will be awarded in the following areas: Overall
Appearance/Presentation: 10 points,
Creativity: 10 points, Authenticity: 5 points, Documentation: 5 points.

The Categories are grouped into divisions, but it is permissible for a
person to enter five different
categories within the same division. The Divisions are as follows:
Apparel Arts, Armoring,
Calligraphy/Illumination/Visual Arts, Culinary Arts, Jewelry/Metalwork,
Leatherworking, Miscellany,
Performance Art, Period Beverage, Textile Arts, Woodworking, and Written
Arts. For the
complete list of 52 categories, please contact your local seneschal,
check the Barony's website at
http://members.aol.com/sacrdstone/index. html or visit the new Aire
Faucon web site at
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/ Bistro/2918/index.html.

There will be a Splendid Feast to be prepared by Lady Megan Buchanan,
previously of the East.
We will serve 64 gentles only, so reserve space as soon as possible! Any
dietary concerns should
be addressed to Lady Megan (Meg Burnham) at lmegan@bellsouth.net or to
the autocrat, Tristan
(see below). We plan to follow the feast with dancing!

The Cost of the event is $8.00 for on-board advance reservations or
$10.00 on the day of the
event. Off-board is $3.00, children under 12 feast for half price, and
children under 3 are guests of
the Barony. Checks should be made payable to The Barony of the Sacred
Stone, SCA, Inc., and
reservations should be MAILED to: 1281 Andover Road, Charlotte, NC 28211.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call or email
the autocrat: Tristan Marquez
de Toledo (Beren Longstreet), 1734 Hartford Drive, Gastonia, NC 28052,
(704) 866- 4744, email:
beren@iname.com. Remember that the only reservation is a PAID one! If you
plan to merchant,
please contact Lady Una von Scheib (Robin Jordan) at (704) 866-9285 or
ladyunanow@aol.com.
All merchants will be required to furnish their own shade and tables,
etc.

                                 Directions:

>From I-85 North or South: Take exit 14 (Bessemer City/Cherryville/NC Hwy.
274). Follow NC
Hwy 274 North to Cherryville (approx. 10 miles). At the 1st stoplight in
Cherryville, turn Right onto
East Academy St. Go 2 blocks and turn Left onto South Jacob St. The site
will be immediately on
your Left.

>From NC Hwy 150 in Cherryville: take NC Hwy 274 South to the 3rd
stoplight, turn Left onto
East Academy Street. Go 2 blocks and turn Left onto South Jacob Street.
The site is immediately
on your Left.