Re: Anvilfire and Wareham Forge

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <longshipco@hotmail.com>

Magnus wrote:

>http://pip1.pipcom.com/wareham_forge/casting.html
>Wareham Forge Pewter Castings

I have seen Darrel's work and it is good.  I have a frying pan modeled
after one found in Dublin (or York?) that he made.  He made a pot for a
friend of mine modeled after one in the Mastermyr find.  He makes Viking
style spiral hand held grills and rotating skillets also.

>http://www.Anvilfire.com/news/
>A new Blacksmithing site with some very interesting newspages. ;)
>Check out the flaming SCAdian courtesy of Markland.

LOL!  The guy who built that *does* have long memories.  Evidently the
SCA used them longer than Markland did, or the SCA started using them
before Markland did, or something.  But Freon can helmets are definately
connected to the SCA.

Camp Fenby is an annual extended weekend devoted to explorations of
medieval technology.  This year, in addition to the forging, there was
pit firing pottery, silversmithing, woodworking, felt making, brocaded
tabletweaving, nalbinding, drop spinning and an experiment with riveting
boards a la lap strake construction of Viking Ships.

It's sponsored by The Longship Company, Ltd., an affiliated group of
Markland.  There's usually a feast of crabs on Saturday and we try to
get the Gryfalcon, a replica of a Viking faering boat, out on the water.

Happens in June of every year.  Contact me if you're interested in more
information.

Terry L. Neill                          Anarra Karlsdottir
The Longship Company, Ltd.              Bright Hills, Atlantia
www.wam.umd.edu/~eowyn/Longship/        Østvik Vikings

            It Takes a Viking to Raze a Village

longshipco@hotmail.com