Re: Kingdom A&S One Year Competition

Poster: navavaughn@geocities.com

I find it odd that people are complaining about the organization of the
One Year Project Competition.  There was a lovely turn-out of well
planned and executed projects on display.  All of which took artisans a
great deal of time to complete.  This competition, and an explanation of
it, was announced at last year's Arts Festival. It was published in the
Acorn at that time and again a few more times throughout the year in
both the Acorn and on the Merry Rose.  I put information on it in my
letters sent directly to local MoASs, as well as announcing and
explaining the competition again at the MoAS meeting at Unevent.  I
apologize if people still managed to not hear about the competition.

Regarding the organization and judging of the competition itself.  One
person volunteered to be in charge.  As she moved out of Kingdom, she
was unable to to do this and promptly made arrangements for Baroness
Miri to take over.  I was not involved in the judging so I cannot
comment on why people might be complaining about that process.
However,  the Atlantian judging forms are some of the best I've seen and
judging is always a difficult process.

The winner of the One Year Competition was Lady Beatrice La Grave, of
Highland Foorde.  She presented an amazing embroidered gown.

If you have further complaints or questions regarding the competition,
please address them to both myself and the new KMoAS, Baroness Genevieve
(jthies@polaris.umuc.edu) so that we may resolve the problems for next
year, should the competition take place then as well.

Best Regards,
Celynen of Stow-on-the-Wold