Re: Posting to both lists

Poster: ASmith@psc.gov (Alan Smith)

     Folks,

     I think Byram has a very valid point here.  The typical "netiquette"
     for lists is to keep the discussion on topic.  The topic of the Merry
     Rose is Atlantia, isn't it?  "The Merry Rose exists to discuss topics
     of interest to the Kingdom of Atlantia in the Society for Creative
     Anachronism." -- from the FAQ.

     I suggest that the formation of a principality qualifies as such a
     topic, and one that ought to be discussed in an open forum, not just
     in one where only those that are "interested" participate.  This is
     most especially true a half-year into the movement...

     On the other hand, detailed, lengthy discussion of specific aspects
     (laws, heraldry, usw) of the potential P should be kept on the P list.

     So, how about we try this:  global issues involving the formation of a
     principality are fair game on the Merry Rose.  If such a discussion
     goes beyond, say, twenty messages, the participants take it to the P
     list, or offline (especially if it gets personal!).

     I'm sorry if for some of you this just contributes noise you're not
     interested in, but the P word, for better or worse, is a part of
     living in the Kingdom of Atlantia, c 1998.

     Regards,
     Gravesend