Wool Stuff

Poster: Betty & David Eyer <Betty_and_David@compuserve.com>

I am hereby raising my hand as the lady who just ran the dye workshop.  I
am not the mistress of anyone, especially anyone who smells bad, costs a
lot, requires constant attention and stains your clothes.

The workshop went well.  We did madder, brazilwood, marigolds and onion
skins on Sat.  On sunday, we did indigo.  The fermentation vat was a mixed
success (I learned a lot and got one good sample and a couple of really bad
samples) but it was pretty dead by the time of the workshop.  The woad was
a total failure as far as blue is concerned, but we got a very nice yellow
and a pink by direct dying.  The regular indigo vat was fine and we dyed a
bunch of stuff, got real tired and made a big mess. I made a new friend,
Brighid, from Western NC.    I will probably do this again and let you
know.  I think there will be another in MD in the fall - Anarra?  Are you
out there?

I will be glad to send you my reference list, article and palette card
(sans threads) electronically, if you like.

Magdalena de Hazebrouck