Back from Land Grab

Poster: Lorenzo <detoma@erols.com>

Came back late last night from spending the weekend at Pennsic. The weather
was in a word SPECTACULAR!!!! Wow! If it could only be that way next week.
Land Grab was a breeze. Whoever was responsible for its organization should
be congratulated. It was simple and quick, and we were unloading the cars
and putting up tents by 9:15. They had coffee, donuts and fruits and eggs
for people in the barn on Saturday, and everyone was in a really good mood.
I was very impressed with how smoothly everything went. It's amazing how
many people are there the first week.

The ground is rock hard. I don't know when it rained there last, but I
would highly suggest bringing extra stakes. We bent several of the forged
variety. They're forecasting rain up there by Friday, but unless it's of
the all-day soaking variety, I can't imagine it will do much to soften the
ground. I have one hand out of commission from pounding stakes for two
days. Otherwise the entire site looked in top shape.

We went 68 through Maryland to 79. There is construction on 79 south of
Pittsburg, and through Pittsburg, but no construction north of the
Turnpike. The construction made us slow down to 55, but didn't delay us
more than that. I do not know what is the status of construction on the
Turnpike. I heard conflicting reports. It took us 4 and a half hours from
Pennsic to Frederick, so driving was not a problem.

See you back there next week,

- Lorenzo