armigorous scrolls was (RE: heraldry rules)

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry L. Neill [mailto:longshipco@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 1998 10:46 AM
To: atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
Subject: Re: heraldry rules

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <longshipco@hotmail.com>

Julian wrote:
>> However, as your post noted, nobody is *required* to register their
>> name and heraldry, so if a person doesn't like the system, or >>
doesn't  want to bother with the procedures, he/she can lead a >>
productive life in the Society without having to worry about the >>
College. ;-)

I will note, for those not in the know, that a registered name IS
required to get an official, signed, award scroll.  A registered device
is required to get an official, signed, AoA scroll (or any other scroll
with your arms on.)

The quickest way to say this is any armigorous award requires a name
and device passed.  Merit badge awards (Golden Dolphin, Pearl, etc.)
do not require a personal device merely the badge of the award thus
the scroll can be completed.  (Unless you never had your AOA before
you received your Golden Dolphin but that's a technicality that I'd
like to hold off discussing until after Pennsic and my sewing machine
has cooled down. <G>)