Re: New Sport

Poster: Grace Morris <gmorris@cs14.pds.charlotte.nc.us>

This particular Laurel just LOVES to see someone prove us all wrong,
especially in a competition.  But beware:  If you have found some unusual
something in a not-usually-covered SCA culture (you know, practically
anything not Western European) don't assume that the judges will have
sufficient knowledge to judge properly.  If you have found, indeed,
that day-glo trim was used on coats in Outer Who-Knows-Where-ia in the
14th century, you need to back up your claims in your documentation.
Don't assume. (I've had midnight calls from entrants with compaints about
judges...)

If you enjoy the thrill of the chase, you can find some fabulous stuff in
the "lesser known" cultures.  As someone once said, as I walked by, "We
SUPPOSE that it's period, because her stuff always is, but that CAN'T be
right!"

Superfluem Non Nocent,

Maddalena Jessamyn di Piemonte