RE: On Pennsic....

Poster: "Peters, Rise J." <PetersR@spiegelmcd.com>

Eldred asked:

>>So, did anything *nice* happen at Pennsic?

Silly man, all kinds of nice things happened.  In my corner of the world
(E-17, at the corner of Hill Road and Good Intentions) we spent the War
hanging out in our neighborhood pub (the Chalkman Tavern) except when they
were closed and came down the street to visit in our camp.

The Drunken Badger Party was a great success (if we do say so ourselves), it
went on until 3:30 in the morning even though the drinks ran out about 2,
and our visitors were very considerate this year and didn't leave much fruit
on the grass (that stuff kills vegetation, you know).

A young lady in our camp, just 16 and at her first War, became an apprentice
Chirurgeon and got so wrapped up in it that she not only worked the Woods
Battle (at a Res Point) but pulled three shifts in a row at Chirurgeon's
Point when they were shorthanded.

The A&S Exhibition drew over 150 entries in a stunning variety.

And in general a good time was had by all.

=Caitlin Cheannlaidir, reporting for Drunken Badger