Re: Arms and Awards

Poster: Josh <dungeon@norfolk.infi.net>

At 08:52 PM 8/20/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Poster: "Bruce C. Miller" <bmiller@mnsinc.com>
>
>Just wondering....
>
>Suppose an SCA member was in the modern world entitled to bear a
>particular set of real-world *ahem* arms.  Why could they not use these
>as their Society arms as well?
>
>Arbogast of Diedenhofen

Greetings and good day,
Quite simply it is for the same reason as why you can't register your " FULL
" real name in the sca. Then again if you were to have one clear difference
it probrably wouldn't be challenged at LOAR level anyways. To my limited
knowledge the search for mudane conflicts is not that detailed a search at
any stage of game. So you could probraly get away with one clear difference
from your mudane arms hypothetically. Of course I wouldn't hold my word as
gospel because I have looked at LOAR rules and few other things online and
read the SCAHERALDS list. So correct me if I am wrong and I shall shut my
mouth and say farwell:)
Tristan ap Elwin