conflicting arms

Poster: jsrechts@imap.unc.edu

I'm not sure if it's still the rule but at one point, the SCA let you
paint your device on your shield as long as it was already submitted.
I painted my submitted by not yet approved arms on my shield and fought
with that shield for about 6 months.  My shield broke after a practice
and a week later,
the rejection note from the Brigantia Herald came in stating that my
submitted arms were in conflict with the Woods Family.

A non-Scadian friend stopped by and saw the broken shield lying in the
corner and said "Hey, I have a friend who has a coat-of-arms which looks
just like that."
I asked him, "Is his last name Woods?".  He said, "It is!  How did you
know?"  And I showed him the letter.
I'm glad the heralds do their job.  It's a small world afterall.

Lyanna