RE: Lord of the Rings Casting Call

Poster: "Garrett, William" <WGarrett@sierrahealth.com>

> Hm.  What about characters like Elrond, or Celeborn & Galadriel?
> Eomer?  Eowyn?
Hm is right.  I would have a difficult time with any of those of Elvish
persuasion (though Val Kilmer as Legolas keeps popping up in my mind, no
matter how hard I try to fight it!)

I know who Eowyn should not be played by.

> I can kind of see Branagh as Faramir, although I picture him with a
> somewhat different 'air' about him (probably excessively influenced by
> the Hildebrandt calendars) - what about Kiefer Sutherland?

I could see Kiefer playing Faramir.

> Speaking of which, how about Donald Sutherland for Denethor?  That's the
> right kind of craggy-regal I picture....
he could do it, but I think there are better out there.

> I like the Mike Myers as Gollum idea.  Or Billy Crystal.

I think Mike Myers would play a good Gollum, maybe, but I think his Billy
Crystal would be pretty weak!  :o)

> I love Gary Oldman as Wormtongue.  Brian Blessed might be good as Gimli
> - I sorta pictured him as Boromir too....

crossed my mind as well, especially remembering him in Flash Gordon.  But
that was a while ago.........

Ringlancer