Re: Movie casting and discussion...

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Steve Schell wrote:

>     To be certain I'm shouldn't be surprised at so much response to
> bringing up the Tolkien movie news.  (I believe my wife's response was
> 'You mean there are really THAT many Tolkien fanatics?  You didn't start
> some sort of march on Hollywood did you?') I don't want to still the
> rushing waters of the casting call suggestions, but I only wished to
> express my appreciation at so many ideas....and to say that it's out of
> my control (for those non-Tolkien fans who wonder what happened to the
> Pennsic discussions ;-) )  Unfortunately now comes "the long wait" till
> release time.  Anyone know SCAdians Down Under?  Maybe they'll be extras
> and can pass on some info.

I have a very good friend who just moved to New Zealand, who happens to be
a Tolkien fanatic (I think her husband is a diplomat at the embassy
there).  I'm sure she'll be giving regular reports.  I wouldn't be
surprised if she auditioned for the singing voice of Galadriel, since my
friend is a professional opera singer.

Istvan Dragosani
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy