Re: Not for the faint of heart ...

Poster: Karen@stierbach.atlantia.sca.org (Larsdatter, Karen )

> Please tell me that this is a big, horrible joke. Please. If it's
> not a horrible joke, please tell me that I didn't see the words
> "Christopher Lambert" and "Mortal Kombat" combined with my beloved
> Beowulf. My God, I'm going to be teaching this work to high school
> seniors in a few years. It will be hard enough without having to
> destroy the misconceptions that this probable piece of crud is bound
> to produce. I can just see the mead-hall in the background as a
> disembodied voice shouts "FINISH HIM!" and techno music blares.
>
> William of Falestone
> (who is about to pop off and shoot himself)

Oh, Lord William, it's not that bad ...

	... it's just far, far worse than you could possibly imagine.

And on so many different levels, too!  Just think of it ...

-- It's a sci-fi update of "Beowulf," setting it in a techno-medieval
future.

-- Other actors to include Oliver Cotton ("Sharpe's Battle," "Son of
the Pink Panther"), Rhona Mitra ("A Kid in Aladdin's Palace,"
live-action Lara Croft for an upcoming movie adaptation of "Tomb
Raider"), Götz Otto ("Tomorrow Never Dies", "Schindler's List"), and
Charles Robinson (Bud Harper of "Home Improvement"; also in "Project:
ALF" and "Set It Off").

-- For you costuming buffs:  The costumes are done by Sanja Milkovic
Hays, so we can expect the same kind of stellar medieval costuming as
we've seen in ... umm ... well, among her recent accomplishments are
"Blade", "8 Heads in a Duffle Bag", "Independence Day", and "Mighty
Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" ...

-- From Reuters:

With an ancient Transylvanian castle as location, principal
photography has begun on "Beowulf," a futuristic adaptation of the
Old English folk epic, with Christopher Lambert in the lead role.

"We're using a really bizarre, beautiful old castle, and we're adding
a 3-D digital matte to it," said producer Larry Kasanoff. "We've
created what I call a techno-feudal future, set 1,000 years from now.
It's a scary science-fiction movie."

Be afraid.  Be very afraid ...

Terribly sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, I remain

Yours in Service to the Dream,

Karen Larsdatter

(PS:  *Please* don't shoot yourself, William ... if my boss found out
I was responsible for that sort of thing, I'd lose my job *real*
quick ...)