Re: On the differences between the North and South...

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

I've lived in Atlantia, and I've lived in the Midrealm. I still
feel something of a bond to the Midrealm. It was where I first
got involved, it's where my folks are, and all that. If one is
allowed to admit to a special bond not covered under SCA
"feudalism," in the Song of Roland, Roland says something to the
effect that a bond between the ennobled and the ennobler is as
real as the bond of lord to vassal. I was ennobled by the hand
and seal of Jafar, and when someone at 12th Night was collecting
money for his lady and his death rites, I felt honor-bound to
give what I had to my ennobler.

That being said, most of my loyalties are in Atlantia. It's where
I am, where my friends, my patron and patroness, and my master
live, and I'm glad to be here.

In Service,

Dom Pedro de Alcazar
Barony of Storvik, Atlantia (from Illiton and then Dernehealde,
Midrealm)
Storvik Pursuivant
Argent, a tower purpure between 3 bunches of grapes proper
--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com