Re: Sumptuary Laws

Poster: Kevin of Thornbury <kevin@maxson.com>

Alan Smith wrote:

>      That means the
>      only binding restrictions are those the SCA imposes, regarding the
>      reserved titles (Sir for Knights, Master/Mistress for Laurels,
>      Pelicans and Masters at Arms, etc) and reserved items representing
>      membership in a peerage order (the white belt, chain and spurs of a
>      Knight

Actually, Your Excellency, chains and spurs are not reserved by the SCA
for knights to wear only.  If you'll recall, Midrealm squires often wear
silver chains, and I've seen some with spurs, too.  I'm glad you don't
see that in Atlantia, personally.

Of course, chains in heraldry is definitely reserved for the Chivalry.
_____
 \_/   kevin@maxson.com   http://www.atlantia.sca.org