Re: map

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 lp12546@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU wrote:

> Greetings to all in the tavern,
> 	A couple of weeks ago, a gentle posted a URL for a site that had
> maps of every century from the time of Christ to I think 1500.
> Unfortunatly, I deleted the message before I got a chance to look at the
> is site.  Who ever posted this URL, I would appreciate it if you would
> pass it along to me again.  Thank you very much.
>
> In Service,
> Brighid Ni Chillin

I've excerpted my earlier post below -- I'm sure some people didn't fight
through the turgid prose to reach the bottom, which is where the URL was.

For much more information, and really neat, I recommend the Penguin Atlas
of Ancient History and Penguin Atlas of Medieval History -- really great
little books; quite cheap.

You might also want to look at the following website, which has maps of
every century from the birth of Christ to 1200:

http://www..salve.edu/~romanemp/atlas/index.htm

Dafydd