Re: Titles & Chuckles

Poster: Bonne <oftraquair@hotmail.com>

Bryce de Byram says:

> > >--> the problem with this is that the College of Heralds specificially
> > >does not allow titles that infer land,(unless you actually Own land
> > >i.e. The King, or just rent it i.e. landed barons/nesses ...
> > >;-) )
> > >Calling myself the Lord de Byram, would infer that I am the liege lord
> > >of that land(Actually, in my case the Byram river in France..),

While calling yourself Lord de Byram would make you all wet, should I ever be
a capital "L" SCA Lady and used Lady Traquair, it might be disrespectful
toward the existing real life Lady of Traquair.  So, for those who didn't make
up the "place" in their name, there's that to consider. When I chose Traquair,
I didn't realize the place and family still existed.

Bonne of Traquair