Re: A remarkable Medieval Collection in our own back yard...

Poster: Karen@stierbach.atlantia.sca.org (Larsdatter, Karen )

Gawain Kilgore wrote:

> This may be old news to some, but I've just learned of this from a
> site in the UK and verified it with a phone call to the place.......
>
> In Durham, NC at Duke Univeristy at the Duke University Art Museum, they
> house the Brummer Collection of Medieval Art.  It is sited as being a
> "remarkable collection of medieval art ... which ranges from monumental
> stone pieces to small objects in wood, ivory and metal."
>
> Anyone been to see this?  Could you supply further comment on the
> collection?

Cool!  Another one to add to the list of Atlantian-area exhibits of
medieval schtuff at http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/museums.htm

The Brummer Collection has a website
(http://www.duke.edu/web/duma/collections/brummer/) ... and
Duke University also has a Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special
Collections Library (http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/) with a Papyrus
Archive, an Italian Literature collection, and something called the
Guido Mazzoni Pamphlet Collection, which has some Renaissance-
period stuff.

Karen Larsdatter