Fixing the nock: WAS Fuss and Bother about Certain Combat Arrows

Poster: Alan MacNeill <gormofberra@mindspring.com>

Shawn Riggin wrote:

<much snippage>

> But if you're
> going to ban baldars because of an injury where the *shaft* of the arrow
> was the problem (fitting through the grill), maybe we ought to look at
> ways to improve the *shaft* of the arrow, or perhaps the nock.

Good point.

PErhaps it got missed in my earlier missive, but buried under the
description of bounceback was a web page reference with an idea on this:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/articles/anti_bounce.html

This is a page put out by the Society Archer Marshall describing a
possible solution or at least improvement to the nock end.  I haven't
made any of the arrows described, but the theory seems sound, and I
couldn't poke too many holes in his testing methodology.

Gorm of Berra
gormofberra@mindspring.com