Henry the navigator (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

> Poster: james mohl <mohlsnc@vnet.net>
>
> Hail and well meet to the learned scholars and BS artist of atlantia I
> seek knowlge for a vexing question  on Henry the navigator in particular
>  wheather or not he had any heirs rsvp to this forum or in private to

Dom Henrique had no heirs of his body, since he was the head of
the Order of Christ, a military monastic order like the Knights
of Malta. However, he did have creditors to whom debts had to be
paid, and retainers to whom he promised this or that, so in that
sense he had people who inherited one thing or another from him.
Also, any lands and royal offices he held escheated to the crown
or to the Order of Christ.

Pedro de Alcazar
--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html