Re: Good Cookbooks with period soups

Poster: Debbie Halstead <jebbydo@yahoo.com>

The Twelve Books of Monastery Soups is not especially period, but does
have some things that would suit. The Barnes and Noble _store_ in
Charlottesville, Virginia also has 2 general medieval cookbooks that
have at least some soup recipes (check also under pottage). One was by
Remen and the other by (Mary?) Black. The titles are Medieval Life and
Medieval Kitchen, I think. I'll doublecheck on the titles and ISBN's.

Deborah of Isenfir