wedding invitation

Poster: Brenna <sunnie@exis.net>

A while back, I posted an announcement of the wedding of THL Elspeth of
Harilow to Padraic Daniels.  I now post it as an open invitation to said
revelries.  The wedding is being held at the Woman's Club of Portsmouth
(VA) at 304 Sycamore Rd.  For any who are familiar with an event that
the Barony of Marinus held for many years called "Midwinter's Masque,"
this party is very much in the style of that event.  The wedding proper
is at 11 am and the revelry begins at 12:30.  The cost for this fine day
of dancing and feasting is:  FREE.  (That's right...no site fee and no
feast charge.)  Just come and enjoy yourselves and join in the
celebration of our wedding.  What's the catch?  I only ask that you RSVP
privately to sunnie@exis.net  by 30Nov98 so that we know how many to
expect for feast (so the cooks don't quit and go home).  The proposed
schedule is as follows:

8:00  Hall opens for set-up only
11:00  Wedding in the main hall--this is not in garb and is not part of
the planned festivities of the day
12:00   Gaming begins in the sunroom
            Ladies' changing upstairs
            Lords' changing in the workroom
            A&S competition tables set-up in main hall
            Merchants begin set-up in main hall
2:00-4:00   Dance class in main hall
            Kissing and reverance contests during dance class
            Gaming continues in sunroom
            Judging of A&S entries
            Lords' changing moves to dining room
            Children's games in workroom partition
6:00-8:00   Feast in main hall
8:00-11:00   Masqued ball in main hall
            Gaming continues
            Bardic circle set-up in workroom
11:00-12:00   Clean-up hall and vacate by 12:30

The proposed feast (at this time) consists of:

1st course
Cheese and bread
Butters
Steffato

2nd course
Salmon Loaves
Savory cheese with asparagus

3rd course
Roast chicken with oatmeal stuffing
honey glazed carrots

4th course
home baked breads and butters

5th course
Rubbed venison roast
Rice Flourentine

6th course
the bride's favorite desserts--ask a Marinusian about this surprise!

The cook (kitchen steward) will be Brenna of Lyonsbane.  Please RSVP by
the 30th of November to sunnie@exis.net so that she can have a good head
count to work from.

Elspeth