RE: General Questions about Kingdom 12th Night

Poster: Dominica Harlan <DHarlan@RodgersBuilders.com>

Thank you, Lady Winifred, for reposting the event flyer below. For those
who have missed the ensuing corrections to the enclosed flyer: the rapier
tourney will be indoors and is a prize tourney more than a rapier brawl.
Email Lord Phillip Bell with further questions; there will likely be more
spots at feast and entry into the table decorating contest is highly
encouraged, "period is great but excess is best"; children 6-12 are half
price and 5 and under are free; and the hotel appears to be out of king bed
reservations, but if you have one they should only have charged you the
same amount for a room w/ 2 doubles - $47.04.

If anyone has any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact the autocrat, deputy autocrats or any of the event staff.

YIS,
Ceara/Kilmeny
Deputy Autocrat, Kingdom 12th Night

[snip, reminder of Duke Logan's posting of the flyer 2 weeks ago]
As far as do people from Storvik and Ponte Alto plan to go to Kingdom 12th
Night, the answer is... heck, yes!  As to how many or who, I couldn't tell
you that other than my lord and I plan to be there as well as a number of
our friends (most of us live in Ponte Alto, some in Storvik, some in
Stierbach, some in Highland Foorde, some in Lochmere, some in Bright Hills,
some in Dun Carraig, some in Roxbury Mill).  I would suggest you talk to
people at local meetings in your area and see if you can hitch a ride with
any of them that are going to the event.

-Winifred (who hasn't sent in her reservation yet, but plans to real soon
now)

EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT (as previously posted to this list)

Kingdom Twelfth Night
 Their August Majesties, Anton and Luned have commanded that a
celebration of Kingdom Twelfth Night take place in their snow-free lands
of the Canton of the Guardians of the Sacred Stone.  Come join Them in
celebrating this joyous time of year at a Medieval Street Faire, with
entertainment and amusements galore!  Their Majesties have selected
purple and white as the colors of the day.
 Competitions include: Royal Bard hosted by Lady Ysolt la Bretonne , the
preliminaries for the Royal Bard competition will begin at 11am. Royal
Armourer hosted by Baron Heinrich Von Kreiner, Period Dress Accessories
(excluding hats and shoes) sponsored by the Kingdom Arts and Science
Officer Baroness Genevieve d'Aquitaine, Feast Table Decorating (Period is
good, but excess is best!) sponsored by Mistress Jessamyn di Piemonte, and
Best Yule Theme Mask at the Ball.
 There will be dancing to satisfy the most enthusiastic dancer.  A
Carouso Ball will be held in the afternoon in preparation for the masked
ball to be held that evening.  There will also be countless children's
activities during the day.
The Order of the Sea Stag will be sponsoring a heavy weapons double
elimination "rose" tournament after lunch. Any weapons form is allowed,
and the winner of each bout will be presented with a rose, which they
may bestow upon the gentle of their choice.  The populace is also
invited to participate in the rapier tavern brawl, where "wagering" on
your favorite fighter will be highly encouraged.
 The incomparable Baroness Rachel de Johnstone is preparing a savory
feast for 200 and lunch will be provided for a nominal fee.  Merchants
and artisans are most welcome.
Site opens 10am and closes at 10pm. Post revel will be in a ballroom at
the Howard Johnson on Woodlawn Road (See information below) where you can
continue the evening's festivities in the company of good friends.
The site is wet (beer and wine), no original containers please.
 The event site is St. Ann's Catholic Church at 3635 Park Road in
Charlotte NC. We have made a group reservation at the Howard Johnson Inn at
122 W. Woodlawn Road, Charlotte, NC. Reservations need to be made by
calling (704)-527-1620, no later than December 20, 1998. Mention the S.C.A.
to get the group rate of $47.04 (tax included).  Please mention whether or
not you have made your hotel reservation when sending in your event
reservation.

Directions to the hotel and site:
>From the North: Take your best route to I-77 South. Take the Woodlawn
Road exit 6A.  This will put you on Woodlawn Road (the exit forces you
to go right onto Woodlawn Road) and the hotel will be just ahead on your
left, behind an IHOP pancake house.
Site: Continue on Woodlawn 1.2 miles past the hotel to Park Road.  Turn
left.  Proceed .6 miles and St. Ann's is on your right at the corner of
Park and Hillside.
>From the South: Take your best route to I-77 or I-85 North.  On I-77
take the Woodlawn Road Exit. Turn right at the top of the ramp and the
hotel will be just ahead on your left, behind an IHOP pancake house. On
I-85 take the Billy Graham Parkway Exit and turn right at the top of the
ramp. Stay on Billy Graham as it will become Woodlawn (when it crosses
I-77). Once you cross over I-77 the hotel will be just ahead on your
left, behind an IHOP pancake house.
Site: Follow the directions to the site above.

Autocrat: Lady Rixende de Rouen (Jhan Knebel)  1600 N. Wind Pl #108
Charlotte, NC 28210
(704)552-8146  rixende@dasia.net
Deputy Autocrats:
Ceara ingen an Fear-fearainne (Dominica Harlan)
Duchess Arielle the Golden (Courtney Hester)
(704) 556-7173 dharlan@rodgersbuilders.com (704) 399-1200
sirlogan@bellsouth.net
 Feastocrat: (Please contact with dietary concerns) Baroness Rachel de
Johnstone (Lisa Adams)  (704) 455-3594
Reservations:  Lady Dryw MacMorcat (Dryw Freed)  5910 Meadowhill Dr.
Charlotte NC 28212(704) 566-8346 dryw@shawdowsand.com
Merchant Coordinator: Baroness Gwynwilf of Sacred Stone  (Beth Roberts)
 (704) 986-6724  gwynwilf1wolf@yahoo.com
 Cost: $12.00 with feast, $7.00 without feast. Make Checks Payable to
"Canton of the Guardians of the Sacred Stone/SCA Inc."