Re: Other 12th night events

Poster: Eli White <eliwhite@home.com>

>What is the problem that we in the SCA have with the fine old period
>word "children"?

As Uncle Justinian of the Speaking Forsoothly class at Pennsic would say:

"It's because it sounds more forsooth"

Basicaly as other people have said ... It is a way to sound like we are
talking differently than we normally do.  To bring us into the frame of
mind of the middle ages.  'Lets go get the children' doesn't sound
different than normal speaking.  However:  "Let us gather the smalls", has
the nice 'ring' to it that makes us think medieval, even if it isn't.

Siegfried Sebastian Faust