(pun warning) Re: minstrel: OOP - my filk attempt

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

Recently, Tristan/Josh (dungeon@norfolk.infi.net) wrote:

> SCA
> By: Gavvin Quinn
> Tune: Rodeo (Garth Brooks)
> His eyes are cold and restless,his bruises almost healed,
> And she'd give half of Texas, just to change the way he feels.
> She knows his love's in Elfsea, She knows he's goin' away.
> Well, it ain't no woman flesh and blood, it's that damned old SCA!

Well, though I'm not familiar with the tune "Rodeo", I *do* know that the
above scans to "Yellow Rose of Texas" pretty well.  You sure Gavvin wrote this
and *not* Emily Dickinson?

(OBSCURE PUN WARNING: The previous paragraph contains an OBSCURE pun.  A ducat
to the first herald who not only clarifies what the pun is in reference to,
but also the tie-in between it and the pun in THIS sentence!)

Yours,
// Vard //

"The key to credibility is sincerity.  Once you can fake that, you've got it
made!"