Re: Pork pie

Poster: Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby@erols.com>

Brett W. McCoy wrote: Does anyone have a recipe for pork pie.

~Istvan,
    Here is my grandmother's recipe for pork pie, one of my personal favorite
dishes:
Sauté 1 lb of pork (I use sausage) with 1 medium onion minced, sprinkling on
a pinch of salt, pepper, and sage to taste.  When cooked, place mixture in a
bowl and mix in one boiled potato that has been mashed.  Place prepared
filling into a regular crust then top with another crust layer.  Make tiny
slits for pie to breathe when it bakes. Bake at 400 degrees until crust is
brown.