Re: Sailing Down Africa's East Coast

Poster: Donald Wagner <polearmed@att.net>

His Excellency is correct.

The Berbers were also considered tribal(less civilized) by the Arabs,
but they did well among the basques, and the remains of the visigoths.

Andalusia was no prize when the Muslims took it, but after a few
centuries of aqueduct construction and genius level irrigation, it
became a jewel for the taking.

BTW, it is nice to hear someone to call it the "Fall of Andalusia"
rather than some anti-climactic "Reconquista".