Re: Scots-Gaelic Sources?

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

At 04:17 PM 12/9/98 -0500, Bob & Diana Cosby wrote:

>Poster: Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby@erols.com>
>
>SCAVard@aol.com wrote: Does anyone have a decent Scots-Gaelic
-to/from- English
>source they could share with me?  A web site would be preferred, but
a book would
>be fine as well.
>
>~Lord Edvard Gayer, here is a URL:
>http://rivendel.com/~ric/resources/dictionary.html
>
>Ha det sa bra & Happy Holidays,
>Diana Cosby

I wouldn't trust a straight word-to-word translation.  While my
knowledge of Scots-Gaelic is limited to a little about names, I
believe that it's one of those languages that is pretty extensively
inflected, lenited, or otherwise tortured to change it depending on
part of speech.  I'd ask someone familiar with it.

Alanna