Re: What could a married man do?

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

At 01:31 PM 12/15/98 -0500, Bob & Diana Cosby wrote:

>Poster: Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby@erols.com>
>
>A question please.  The setting 1290, England.  Can a knight who's
wed
>and finds his wife being unfaithful send her away to a nunnary?  If
not,
>what actions could he take?  *Note:  The woman in question was the
kings
>ward.  Would the knight have to inform the king?

I'll let Pedro or some other legalist answer for what the law said
exactly.

Practical questions:

How does he find out?  If he catches wifey in the act, he would be a
model of restraint not to have both of their heads then and there.

Who is she swiving?  A kitchen boy or Hubby's overlord?  Tact might
be called for in the latter case...

Alanna