Re: Burnings....

Poster: Donald Wagner <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

I didn't mention that the modern version of this is widely known as:

Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Anyone in a protestant divinity school would be encouraged to read this,
though perhaps not required like I was, by their religious history
profs.

It is really an anti-catholic diatribe that the late period folk might
want to check out.  The original printing has a number of engravings
that offer a perspective on costume, tools, and great period
documentation.  Especially if you would like to know how to speak
forsoothly while your on fire.  You never know when you might need a
comeback for the multitudes of people from a lower social class who
giggle while you die.

Falcone