Crucifiction? was( RE: torture in England (was questions)

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

I guess I should be checking the religious books in my own parents'
library but all this talk about torture got me to thinking about
crucifiction.  Besides the obvious example of Jesus I know that
crucifiction was common for some time I believe in the Byzantine era.
However I see no medievalists discussing crucifiction as a common
torture.  Does this mean that crucifiction died out in early period?
And sorry if my spelling is wrong, I'm writing in between newsgroup
postings and must be quick.

Rebecca