Re: Research- Some musings

Poster: "Michael Jeffrey Looney" <barderic@mailcity.com>

>There is also the question of validity.  True, books are limited in that
once they are printed, that's the way they are.  But, they have to go
through a process to be published in the first place.  If they profess
knowledge, they have to prove their source.
On the other hand, the Web is only as truthful as those creating the
information care to be. There is no overseeing or approving body.  Often
pieces of information can be copied from one source and posted to
another, without the original authors approval, or the secondary's
knowledge on what the information is based and possibly taking it out of
context.<

That reminds me of when I was doing all that research for my homepage, all that information I put down on it.
If you read it. about 99% fo the info is wrong, or so I've been told by QUITE numerious SCAdians since I started putting my link on my E-mail, but I DID get that info out of books!
If you looked at my sources, the links ot other site there are where i got pictures and music from.
All the info is victorian belied, not the true stories and info from the time.
It's VERY annoying to have gotten this info out of books, and find out it's STILL worng.

Always,
Tristan
---
Tristin de Roquelaure ("idiot savant")