Period mask-making (sources?)

Poster: Ryan W Snead <rsnead@osf1.gmu.edu>

Greetings gentles!

I hope this message finds you in good spirits as snow and ice cloathe our
faire lands in delicate lace during this festive season.

I plan to attend a masqued ball in Janurary, and I am seeking information
on what materials and styles would be considered period for masks.
(although I am sure I could make several uneducated guesses!)

Given my limited time and resources, I am looking more for ideas (pretty
pictures) and basic know-how than documentability. Any thoughts?

Stay warm, and watch for snowballs from the North!

William of Rencester