Re: RP'ing?

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 BlakHat1@aol.com wrote:

> How many of you out there caught the medieval bug through D&D?  How many of
> you still play it?  Have your SCA experiences made you a better player or DM
> in your opinion?

I started playing D&D in the late 70s, originally from my interest in
heroic fantasy (mainly Tolkien).  My interest in D&D began to wane in the
80s when it started becoming more and more commercialized and even ended
up becoming a Saturday morning cartoon.  But in the meantime, though, I
had discovered something much more fun: mediaeval re-creation!  Originally
I was in a group called Dagorhir, which at that time was mainly in the
Montgomery County area and has since grown immensely.  It had some fantasy
roleplaying as well as some historical aspects (mainly the barbarian
migration of the Dark Ages). I'm no longer in Dagorhir as my interest in
the historical aspects rather than the fantasy roleplaying grew and grew
and I stayed with the SCA.

Istvan Dragosani
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972