Re: First Northern Regional Dance practice

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

Scripsit William of Rencester:

> Today, the first Northern Regional Dance practice was held in
> Chesapeake Beach, MD -hosted jointly by the Baronies of Dun
> Carraig and Lochmere. This the same practice advertised by Vard
> here at the Merry Rose last year. In my singular opinion, it was a
> fantastic success. The site is beautiful, right next to a marina
> overlooking the Bay. The facility was very pleasant, and the staff
> quite helpful. The only strange turn of events was that for some time
> we had more lords than ladies present.

Yes, and since the weather turned out to be much nicer than expected, I was
extremely pleased with the turnout.  Those of you who stayed home to wash the
car during the "Blizzard of the Century" missed out on a lot of fun.  But
that's okay, cause we're gonna do it again in two weeks!  (Mark that calendar
now...Jan 17th)

For the record, we had people from at least three different Baronies, plus
just under a half-dozen non-SCA folks who came out and joined us because it
looked like fun.  I don't think anyone left without a smile on their face. :)

> So, to milord Vard of Dun Carraig (?), our organizer and host, the
> several dance masters and mistresses, and all the dancers:
>	Vivat! Vivat! Vivat! Good show!!

Thanks, here's that twenty I promised ya!  And though it oft times pains my
Baron and Baroness to admit it, I *am* a Dun Carraiger.

> I would also encourage all interested gentles to come and join the
> next practice in two weeks time. Same Flying Fish time. Same Flying
> Fish channel. (Sunday, Jan. 17, 1-3pm'ish)

Don't worry, there's a pretty good chance I *might* post a reminder to the
Merry Rose before the next dance practice rolls around. <g>  Heck, I might
even tear down that goofy "heraldry comment" page and put up a new northern
dance page in it's place!

-Vard
Dancin' Fool
Barony of Dun Carraig