What is Unevent?

Pardon good gentles, but I am a stranger recently come to these lands and know little to nothing of your customs.  I have been lurking un-noticed in the shadows and listening to become more familar before I venture forth among you.  But I have heard something--repeated several times--that has me curious enough to put forth this question:  Praytell, what is an "Unevent"?  What happens at such a thing?  Why would one wish to go?

~Morghana  (mundanely now in NoVA....formerly of the MidRealm)

NOTE:  Spamblock in place.  Remove entire capitalized words to reply to me....