Re: Pennsic Seneschale's Court and Requirements This Year

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> > extraordinarily new to the Society, and I'm one of those people who
> > doesn't think Pennsic is a good starting point for first-timers to
>the
> > SCA. :-)
>
> 	Why not?  It's a mind-blowing sampler of everything the SCA has to
> offer and all the types of people who are attracted to it, from the

You just made my point for me. ;-)  Mind-blowing can also be said to be
"information overload."  I'd rather a new person go to a local event or
two, at least, before hunkering down to something as awe-inspiring and
overwhelming as pennsic.  Mind you, YMMV -- I am sure there ar those
people out there who can and would do fine with Pennsic as their first
event, just as I am sure there would be people out there that couldn't
handle it as their first event...

Julien