RE: Pennsic Letter

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Julien de Montfort wrote:

> > That's not what the letter said.  Read again the very last line of the
> > section about garb.
>
> Irregardless, would it really be unfair?  After all, it's nothing new;
> it's not like anything regarding garb here is not as it's been for
> years.  This is a case of them saying beforehand "If you want to attend
> our event, here are the rules you must follow.  You don't want to
> follow them, don't come."  Now, if you got there and all of a sudden
> you discovered all new regulations that no-one knew about before, then
> that would be unfair.  But I don't see how setting ground rules (or
> enforcing them, in this case) for an event -- any event -- can be
> construed as "unfair."

Nor do I.  If I got kicked off-site at a Maryland First Regiment
(Revolutionary War) event for wearing a Civil War uniform, it would
certainly not be unfair either, would it?  Isn't that an analogous
situation?

Istvan Dragosani
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972