Re: HTML mail - MORE INFO

Poster: Sallie Montuori <foxdale@wolfstar.com>

> Poster: Michael Houghton <herveus@Radix.Net>

> > Poster: Eli White <eliwhite@home.com>
> >
> > Just a note for those that are wanting to send HTML mail and still be
> > backwards compliant, MOST mail programs that do send HTML mail have an
> > option to send either: 'plain', 'HTML (sometimes called styled)', or 'plain
> > & HTML'

> HTLM-capable mail readers should be perfectly capable of displaying
> plain text just fine. *That* is the backward-compatible option. Please
> use it.

For those who would like to know how to turn off the HTML, but aren't
sure how, check out this website:
	http://www.rootsweb.com/rootsweb/listowners/html-off.htm

I haven't checked it out myself (since I have no HTML coding to turn
off!), but I got it from a reliable source.  I'm informed that it has
specific directions for each of the following programs:

Eudora Pro
Microsoft Exchange
Netscape Communicator
Outlook Express
Outlook Express for Macintosh
Outlook 98
Pegasus Mail 3.01b

   Alys of Foxdale        | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@wolfstar.com      |     argent, a fox passant gules.