Re: cheap fabric -- off-topic

Poster: "Joyce A. Baldwin" <jocetta@ibm.net>

> So far I've gotten a couple of responses about places to buy
>really cheap fabric, both of which recommended Walmart.
><snip>  I ***hate*** Walmart. <snip> Anybody got any other suggestions?
Well, it's not in you geographic area, but if you are ever in CT check out
Affordable Fabrics.  They sell manufacturers' surplus  fabrics and have a
constantly changing,  very mixed selection.  It can vary wildly from black
velveteen to tie silk to pink poly-cotton with smiling condoms printed on
it (where do you think Edwin got that tunic?) but _everything_ in the store
is $1.99/yard.  (Or was last time I was up there).

Oh, I think I'm homesick....

Jocetta

PS For locations, ask just about any SCAdian in Beyond the Mountain or
Dragonship Haven!  They know us...  (in CT no sales tax on cloth for
clothing, but taxes on drape and curtain materials:  "No really, it's for a
dress...yes, I  _do_  use all 10 yards to make my dress!")
Joyce A. Baldwin
Diva Extraordinaire

In the Society for Creative Anachronism:
Lady Jocetta Thrushleigh of Rowansgarth
Exchequer, Canton of Buckston on Eno